Wednesday, March 16, 2011

When In Rome...

What is that famous saying?  "When in Rome, do as the Romans do."

I have an extremely limited familiarity with the language, so I purchased "Hide this Italian Phrase Book."  It is a little black book that includes phrases with their phonetic explanations along with advice on when and where to use them.

To get around, I bought two travel books. The first is Eyewitness Travel's Top 10 Rome.  The second is Rick Steves' Rome- 2011.  It seems according to all accounts that I will be there for just the right amount of time.  My plan is to see most of the City on foot. 

Since there is so much to see and do and since these plans were made so quickly, I am going to be dedicating a few solid days prior to my departure planning out my itinerary for once I arrive and familiarizing with the city's set-up so I have some clue when my feet touch the ground.

Ci sentiamo!

No comments:

Post a Comment