Sunday, March 20, 2011

The List

I've finished reading Rick Steves' book, think I am somewhat familiar with the the City's layout and have come up with a "Must See List".  So my goal is to hit each one of the following while I am there:

1.)  Ancient Rome or the "Caesar Shuffle"
   - Colisseum
   - Forum
   - Palatine Hill
   - Trajan's Market
   - Pantheon
   - Baths of Diocletian

2.)  Borghese Gallery

3.) National Museum of Rome

4.) Vatican City
   - Vatican Museum and Sistene Chapel
   - St. Peter's Basillica

5.) St. Peter in Chains

6.) Trevi Fountain

7.) The Spanish Steps

8.) Tastevere Neighborhood

9.) Jewish Ghetto
   - Eat at Sora Margherita Associazione Culturale (The Roman Equivalent to Chef Vola in Atlantic   City- so probably 30X better)

This trip is so well-timed. While I am not looking for answers to all of life's mysteries, I crave to be awe-inspired and to put those small things that trouble me into perspective. Where better to do that than in the Eternal City.

Restate sintonizzati.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! That's a lot to do in six days! You're gonna have a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I will be able to knock most of this out in the first three days actually... then I can concentrate on the food. :-)

    ReplyDelete